Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Update

Mommy took Luke to the Dr today and he's progressing perfectly. He weighs 8lbs. Looks like his eyes are going to start to turn, hazel like yours truly--and full of wonderment. I've noticed he likes to look around while I walk him around the house in my arms; he likes to watch fan blades whir round and round.

Erin still (breast) feeds him, round the clock, every 2 hrs. To cope with the light coming on all the time, I've developed a little trick: I keep a black dress sock draped over the headboard on my side of the bed. When Erin flicks on her lamp to feed baby, I reach up, grab the sock, and drape it over my eyes. I especially enjoy this technique on weekends.

Still using the 5 Ss: Swaddle, Shhhh, Shake (gently), Side, & Suck--though he rarely cries hard enough to advance to the 5th S. I offer him a pacifier whenever I think about it, but he spits it out more often than not.
Basically, as Eardleymon once told me: "It's all about the swaddle." Sage advice, Eardleymon.
In the words of Biggie Smalls: "If you don't know, now you know..."

Good luck to all our baby buddies out there, and especially to Jay & Bonnie--they're next! :)

1 comment:

  1. "birthdays were the worst days", player. Good to hear that you two, i mean 3, are dong well. Hang in there you're going to be a great pop. Ive known you long enough to validate this statement. Good friends make good dads. Remember daul, it all started at coble child care center at the age of 5...

    -funk Dr. Spot

    ReplyDelete