Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hooray!


We just got our discharge orders this morning! Lil' Luke has checked out in every way, Hallelujah!


As of 10pm last night, we were still waiting on Luke to pee. Oh, he'd pooped many times, so I got plenty of practice with that--but no pee. So, per Dr's orders, we supplemented each of his regular breast feeding sessions with 1/2 oz of formula & checked regularly for pee. (all the newborn diapers have a yellow line down the front--it changes to blue when baby pees :) So, as of 11 something, still no pee & we were beginning to become concerned. I happened to be working on a dookie-load when Erin decided she wanted to get up and walk around, so she showed up beside me at the changing table to help. Luke thought: awesome--now I can wiz on both parents! heehee. When I removed the dookie diaper, still holding his feet in the air, he let loose with a powerful stream across both our bodies--all down my shirt, shorts and into my sandals. Nice & hot.

Way to go, son--a most welcome soiling of Mommy & Daddy's clothes :)

1 comment: