Thursday, July 8, 2010

Daddydom so far
















So now I've become the guy I used to make fun of. I used to say things like (at least in my head, most of the time) "can't they take their stupid crying baby outside?--I'm trying to eat!" or "nobody cares about your stupid baby pics..."
I have come full circle. I now show people at work (per request, lots of times) the cutesy lil baby pics stored in my phone. I have been that guy in a restaurant with a crying baby--but not very often, becuase my son is perfect, and doesn't really cry that much.
I sing silly songs and talk like a jibbering idiot most of the time I'm at home--he loves it--so I love it. Jeff Young once told me that "you're not even ready for how much you're gonna love this kid." Jeff was so right. Luke's nicknames include, but are not limited to: Sgt Slaughber, Chunky Monkey, Monkeychunk, Mr Tootsie Pants, Babyduke, Pwecious, and Baby. Most of these now have their own theme song. Naptime has its own theme song: "Nappy Times" by Josh Jenkins. Erin sings cute songs from her childhood about Skinnamarinkydink, sun-shiny Florida, sandwiches etc...
Our parents are completely bonkers for this kid. They'll see to it he never lacks for anything, I know--regardless of need, he shall have it. Whenever we're visiting our parents, we don't even "have to" hold him--it's a foregone conclusion that the Grands got it. We're really blessed with an amazing support structure. (saving a fortune on child care, lemme tellya)
Please enjoy some baby pics now--him is growin up so fast.





No comments:

Post a Comment